Monday ~ Thursday 9 am - 8 pm
Friday & Saturday 9 am - 5 pm
Sundays 12 noon - 5 pm. Closed summer Sundays, June 26 through Labor Day.
The New Canaan Library occupies nearly a whole block in the village of New Canaan bounded by South Avenue and Main Street on the west and east, respectively, and Cherry and Maple Streets.
Best from the Merritt Parkway:
Take Exit 37. Turn left onto South Avenue (Route 124). Follow approximately two miles to Maple Street, just past the municipal parking lot on the right. Turn right onto Maple Street. The Library parking lot entrance is on the left in the middle of block.
From I-95 Southbound:
Take Exit 15 - Route 7 connector northbound to the Merritt Parkway exit, heading southbound. Follow the directions from the parkway above.
From I-95 Northbound:
Take Exit 11. Turn left onto the Boston Post Road.
Turn left onto Rte. 124. Follow Rte. 124 into New Canaan. After it crosses the Merritt,
follow directions above. It's approximately five miles from the Post Road to the Library.
For a detailed street map of our location please click here.
Library Holidays Fiscal Year 2014
• Independence Day Thursday, July 4, 2013
• Labor Day Monday, September 2, 2013
• Veteran’s Day Monday, November 11, 2013
• Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 28, 2013
• Christmas Eve Tuesday, December 24, 2013
• Christmas Day Wednesday, December 25, 2013
• New Year’s Day Wednesday, January 1, 2014
• Martin Luther King Day Monday, January 20, 2014
• Presidents’ Day Monday, February 17, 2014
• Easter Sunday, April 20, 2014
• Memorial Day Monday, May 26, 2014
The Library is OPEN on the following State legal holidays:
Lincoln’s Birthday, Good Friday and Columbus Day
The Library CLOSES at 5:00 PM on the days preceding the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, Independence Day and Thanksgiving Day
The Library is CLOSED on the SUNDAYS preceding Memorial Day and Labor Day but these are not considered paid holidays.
The Library closes on Sundays for the summer on a variable date in June following the closing of the public schools and reopens on the Sunday following the Labor Day weekend.