Teen Critics Meeting: Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging (December 2012)
There are six things very wrong with my life:
1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.
2. It is on my nose
3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.
4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.
5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.
6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.
In this wildly funny journal of a year in the life of Georgia Nicolson, British author Louise Rennison has perfectly captured the soaring joys and bottomless angst of being a teenager.
Join us on Thursday, December 13th at 6pm in the Teen Area for pizza and a discussion of Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison. We'll also be choosing our book for January. Grades 7-9.