Our InterLibrary Loan Policy has changed.
Please see below then fill out the information. (*required filed.)
Interlibrary Loan Policy Statement
No Library collection can satisfy every member’s every need, particularly for scholarly, research materials or out of print titles. Interlibrary Loan is the process by which Libraries borrow from other libraries on behalf of members.
· Interlibrary loan materials will be borrowed only for New Canaan Residents with a New Canaan Library card in good standing.
· Materials will be requested from Connecticut libraries and transported for free via the Connecticut State Library system. Articles may arrive by fax or email.
· Only Materials not available from another Connecticut library will be borrowed from out of state and will come via the US Postal system.
· If a library member wishes to have out-of-state material delivered by a courier or via priority mail, the library will pass on the additional charges to the library member.
· In some instances the collection manager may choose to purchase a title for the collection rather than borrow it through interlibrary loan.
· New Canaan Library lends books, audio books and Nonfiction DVD’s to other libraries. Feature films, new books and CDs will not be loaned to other libraries.
· Photocopies of articles, newspaper clippings and pages from books will be sent to other libraries on request.
· We do not charge other libraries for loans of photo copies
· Libraries wishing to have materials sent through Priority Mail, Fed Ex etc must pay for those services.