New Canaan Library Wireless Network
- The Library offers high speed Internet access throughout the building
- Wireless access is free and open to all Library visitors.
- The network uses the WIFI standard nown as 802.11n, providing speeds up to 54/mbps.
- Speed may vary depending on location and number of users connected to the network.
- Patrons must abide by the Library's Policy for Internet & Computer Use on the Library's website.
- Wireless printing is available for MAC and PC latops, but not for mobile devices (e.g. Iphone, Ipad). Click here to learn about wireless printing
Since the Library's wireless network is not secured, users are advised to use caution when transmitting
sensitive information as the potential exists for data to be captured, altered or monitored.
It is the sole responsibility of the user to provide up-to-ate antivirus protection and other appropriate
security settings to control access from other wireless devices within the Library and on the Internet
Connecting to the Wireless Network
- Laptop must be equipped with a wireless network adapter
- Click Start - Settings - Network Connections
- Right click Wireless Networks and then click View Available Networks
- Select the NCLWireless network
- Click Connect