Program Type:Classes & Workshops
Age Group:Tweens & Teens , Adults
Presented in partnership with S4 Study Skills.
Learn more about the college admissions process, the importance – or not – of the SATs and ACTs, and how they could impact your child’s college application.
Parents will learn:
- What’s the difference between the ACT and SAT exams?
- Which test is best for my son/daughter?
- What score do I need on my AP exams for colleges to notice me?
- How heavily do colleges evaluate test scores?
- Does “test-optional” really mean I can choose who sees my score?
- How will a “test-optional” university consider my student’s application?
Accessibility and Accommodations
We strive to facilitate access to information and Library services for all patrons. If you have questions about accessibility or a request for accommodation, please phone 203-594-5002, email the librarian in charge of this program (see contact info above), or email [email protected] with as much lead time as possible.
Off-Site Participation Guidelines
If your child is under 12 years old, an adult caregiver must remain in the area designated by our librarians for the duration of the program. If your child finishes a program early, or if a child becomes ill, distressed, or behaves in a manner that interferes with other participants’ enjoyment of the program, they may be released from class before the program’s end time. Please ensure that your child knows exactly where to find you at all times.